Monday, October 19, 2009

Dedication

By: Courtney Belcastro

It's two hours before gametime and the ZonaZoo student section is already packed. This picture shows the dedication of the team being re-enforced by the dedication of the fans, having their game faces ready way before kick-off. It captures the atmosphere at Arizona Stadium on gameday. The U of A football team won its' first bowl game in 10 years in 2009, The Las Vegas Bowl. With the fan dedication and the hard work of the players, there is no question that this year won't be a repeat. 

3 comments:

  1. I really liked that this photograph emphasized fan's red shirts among the black and white in the rest of the composition of the photo. The sea of red seen by the fans really shows all the school spirit that this school has and I feel like if you would have done this in normal colors the emphasis on the fans would not have been as great. So great job! I also liked how you titled it "Dedication" because not only do you see the dedication by the fans of Zona Zoo, but you also can see the dedication of the amount of fans on the other side of the field there two hours before the game, as well as the football players warming up. I like how you used the rule of thirds by putting the red fans at the bottom third of the photo for our eyes to be focused on. The lights of stadium also lead our eyes to emphasize on the red part of the photo. it would be interesting to see this photo from a different point of view like from the pressbox side facing the zona zoo section! Great Job though! I loved it!

    -Maddie Flavin
    Section 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this picture because it has a lot of great elements to it. For example, how the red is emphasized is really important because that is the color you should wear to the game to show your spirit. I also like the affect the lights give the background. It gives the image a somewhat mystical feeling,the something important is taking place

    Rosie M

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool photo shop effect. the fact you chose to use red to contrast black and white in the picture was used well to emphasize the sporting spirit of the students. the composition is also great as you used well the rule of thirds for a field.

    ReplyDelete